6 Mobile Apps for the Avid Golfer
Golf is a sport that is both highly addictive and highly frustrating. One day you play like a PGA pro and the next day you play like a novice. The old saying, practice makes perfect, applies a good majority of the time, but any avid golfer knows that any given round of golf can have a mind of its own – either making or breaking your current record.
To help you on your quest to find your perfect swing, here are six mobile apps that will allow you to craft your game and feel like a pro on the go or on the green.
- Golf Genie Practice Drills PRO ($0.99) – This app was designed by PGA TOUR pros and acts as your virtual golf instructor, providing ample practice drills for your full swing and short game. To download the app, click here.
- U.S. Golf Courses ($0.99) – This app provides a directory of more than 13,200 major courses in every state in the country. To download the app, click here.
- Golfshot: Golf GPS ($29.99) – This app provides you with immediate access to aerial views, distances to the hole from any spot and exact placement of the pin for better accuracy. To download this app, click here.
- V1 Golf ($4.99) – This app not only lets you analyze your own swing but also lets you compare swings from pros and figure out what adjustments you need to make to stop hooking your drives. To download this app, click here.
- Golf Digest Tips Plus (Free) – Tips Plus covers everything from swing mechanics and putting, to short game, strategy and golf exercises and also features commentary from the best coaches, like Hank Haney, David Leadbetter and Jim Flick. To download this app, click here.
- Golf Channel Mobile (Free) – This app will keep you up to speed on the latest news and updates from the world of golf. To download this app, click here.